A summary of a review of over 500 studies on the topic:
My summary of the summary:
- Terms like “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” are notoriously ambiguous
- Sexual orientation is not genetically determined, ie. environmental and social factors seem to play a much larger role in identification than genetics
- Non-heterosexuality seems correlated with childhood abuse, adverse childhood experiences, urban living, and college education.
- Sexuality can and does change over time.
- Non-heterosexuals show higher rates of mental health, substance abuse, and behavioural and social issues.
- Biological sex is a clearly defined concept based on biology, which cannot be changed with surgery.
- Transgenderism lacks biological evidence, ie. having female brain in a man’s body.